Are you uncomfortable with your body size? Do you need to reduce size for health reasons? Do you want to tag along with me while I share with you EVERYTHING I’ve learned to help transform my body size so that I am more comfortable and improve my health?
Welcome to my journey (and hopefully your journey), “Making Modest Transformations.”
Starting, Wednesday, August 10, 2016 I will bare my soul! Okay, maybe not my soul but I will share absolutely everything with all of you during my journey. This is not a short-term solution, this is a life-long transformation. I am going to take a picture of absolutely everything that will go into my mouth. If I plan on eating it, you will see a picture of it!
Here are some very important points that you all need to carefully read and understand:
(1) I am not a medical professional. If you select to follow along, please consult your medical professional to ensure you are able to make changes. I am in no way responsible for anyones health. Please be responsible and seek medical care if you have any issues or questions about your health.
(2) Will everyone agree with everything I eat? Of course not. Please make substitutions to fit your dietary beliefs and/or needs. I am in no way responsible for food allergies, intolerances, etc. You need to be responsible and aware of these needs. Check ALL ingredients to insure what you select to consume is safe for you.
(3) What if you fail? Well thank goodness! If I do not fail then I did not try! Yes, I will have moments of weaknesses and experience failures. This is a life changing transformation but it is also one that will be realistic. I do not expect to have a bikini body in two weeks, or ever! ha — the “modest transformations” I will make are done in hopes of a gradual-safe reduction in body size. The goal is to become comfortable and healthy.
(4) Will everyone agree with how I select to bring activity (movement) into my life on a daily basis? No, of course not. This is not a sprint, it is a marathon. I plan to start small and work my way up. The goal is to do a little more than I did the week before (or even the day before). I am out of shape, I will admit it, it will take some time to get back in shape. I am not going to head out for a 3 mile jog to impress anyone. That is not realistic or safe. But, heres the thing, this is your life, if you want to be more active, go for it! Just remember to consult your medical professional before starting any new activity.
(5) Transparency. This is a tough one. Really, it is. Why? Because sharing my current size/measurements with all of you is, for me, like admitting failure. However, I am going to do it. I need accountability. I need encouragement. I need support. Do you? How many of you understand that? I feel that by being transparent, I am putting myself out there so that I can be held accountable to continue to encourage all of you so that we all continue to have little improvements towards reaching our goals (this includes facing failures and weaknesses along the way). Let’s be each others rock!
(6) Positive Support. Remember the saying, “if you cannot say something nice, don’t say nothing at all.” That definitely applies here. That is not to mean that you cannot share some frustration along the way. There is a difference in being frustrated with your journey and being a constant “negative Nelly.” Remember you absolutely must accept failure, it is crucial, if you do not fail, then you did not try. Get it? This is not a place to “out do the other person!” If someone has a success, please refrain from commenting to say how you did better. Do you realize how much of a downer that is! If someone is shining and “in the moment” — don’t take that away from her/him — be a rock and tell them how good he/she did! If you want or need to shine for your own accomplishments then make your own post but please refrain from shining on someone else’s moment. Lift up, encourage, and support.
Okay, with all of that out of the way are you ready to begin “Making Modest Transformations” for life?
Show your support on the Oil Posse fan page by commenting with hashtag “MMT4Life.” That will be our special hashtag/symbol, if you will. Let’s see how many of us gather to be each other’s rock!
Feel free to share pics of your daily meals in the comments of each post. There should be 3 posts each day (breakfast/lunch/dinner). We will talk about what we ate, what our daily movement was, what we hope to improve upon the next day, and support each other during our failures and weaknesses! and, most importantly, our improvements!!
Don’t forget to kick off your day with a shot of NingXia Red and a drop of Young Living’s lemon vitality essential oil.